Doctor insights on:
Diarrhea After Colonoscopy
Loose stools is a symptom in which a person's stool (poop) does not hold its shape after it goes into the toilet. Instead of remaining a shaped piece of poop, the poop spreads out in the toilet bowl water. Very loose stool is called diarrhea. Loose stool can be caused by infections, certain foods or drinks, ...Read more
Not long: Rarely more than a few hours.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is it normal to continue to have water-y diarrhea all day after a colonoscopy? I threw up several times after both parts of the prep yesterday too.
Yes, but: I would still let your doctor know of your symptoms. Often times water is used as irrigation during the procedure, so immediately after you can expect to be expelling the water. Nevertheless, let your doctor know because they did the procedure and would be only person to know what would be expected in your indivdualized case. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It must have by now: Otherwise send us an update of this problem now, so that we can deal with the present situation. ...Read more
I had a colonoscopy done 3 years ago. Nothing showed up. Recently I been having persistent diarrhea after I eat. Do I need another? I am 27.
See GI Doc: And get your stools tested to see if there's inflammation. Its not clear why you had a colonoscopy 3 years ago - perhaps you were having similar issues then. If so, were biopsies done and normal? You may need to focus on your diet and see if you have lactose or gluten intolerance. Google low-FODMAP diet for more info to help track potential food triggers. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have diarrhea after a colonoscopy?
- Chronic diarrhea after colonoscopy
- Still have diarrhea after colonoscopy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Diarrhea after colonoscopy normal
- Diarrhea after a colonoscopy
- How long after a colonoscopy do you have diarrhea?
- First bowel movement after colonoscopy
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free