Doctor insights on:
Diameter Of Abdominal Aorta
Aorta : Different parts of the aorta can vary but it would seem difficult to have the same part vary that much. ...Read more
Not necessarily.: There is a significant difference is the average size of the female abdominal aorta versus the male aorta. The average size of the female is about 1.8-2.5 cm, and the average size of the male aorta is higher. If the distal vessels, going to the legs are of normal size and caliber, and the patient is female-there is no concern. If male, then a better look at the walls of the aorta, is needed. ...Read more
I am a man that has an abdominal aorta of 14 mm in diameter. Is this too small ? Checked with echo but do I need more tests? Afraid it will burst....
If u have 14mm abdominal aorta the wall tension must be higher than if I had 25mm aorta? Because the wall thickness r not as great?
Because my abdominal aorta is so small (14mm), does it have to stretch much more than a bigger one?
Not necessarily: We don't know YOUR size - your aorta may be proportionate to your body surface area. Regardless, if you're perfusing your lower extremities sufficiently (easily determined by measuring the BP in your legs and comparing it to your arms), then the size or "stretch" is irrelevant. ...Read more
I keep getting mixed answers. Is it unusual for a 23y/o man to have a 14 mm abdominal aorta? Some say it is? Last questions now sorry...
Normal: 14 mm is normal. size usually does not alter wall thickness. ...Read more
Just need to understand one last thing then ill be gone: my unusually small abdominal aorta 14mm)must stretch more than a normal and it cant be good?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Atherosclerotic disease of the abdominal aorta symptoms
- Ectasia of the infrarenal abdominal aorta
- What are the causes of calcification in abdominal aorta?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ectasia of the abdominal aorta
- How to prepare for an ultrasound study of an abdominal aorta aneurysm?
- What are the causes of an enlarged abdominal aorta?
- Location of abdominal aorta
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free