Doctor insights on:
Dialysis Shunt Placement
Simple answer is that it is a medical technology used primarily to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function in people with renal failure. Hemodialysis remove wastes and excess water from the blood by circulating blood outside the body through an external filter, called a dialyzer. Blood and dialysate flow through in opposite directions and the ...Read more
Irritation: The skin over the shunt may be itching in reaction to irritation from adhesive from tape or from the topical antiseptic used on clean the shunt prior to use. If there is any redness or signs of irritation, see a dermatologist for topical treatment. ...Read more
Multiple black and blues in one arm only. No injuries. No other symptoms. Hx. Of dialysis, still have the shunts in the arm. Two months ago, hip fract?
Aspirin culprit: But you need it to keep shunt open. Show to nurse. ...Read more
Why does one have to stay flat for 24 hours after vp shunt placement? Afterwards, what happens when they elevate upright/lie back down?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Av shunt dialysis fistula
- What is a dialysis shunt?
- Assessing dialysis shunt
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Dialysis catheter placement cpt
- Dialysis shunt in chest vs arm
- What are the most common complications of shunt placement in adults?
- Laparoscopic peritoneal dialysis catheter placement
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free