Doctor insights on:
Kidney failure treat: Kidneys are vital to keep the body in a stable condition, removing waste products, keeping water and electrolytes within very narrow range required for normal function of all the organs. With kidney failure this can be done by dialysis either hemodialysis where blood is filtered through an external machine or using the lining od the abdomen (peritoneal membrane) as a filtering mechanism. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Dialysis: Dialysis can be done through the blood (hemodialysis) or through the abdomen (peritoneal dialysis). Hemodialysis involves passing the blood across and filter to purify it / remove toxins and remove water. Peritoneal dialysis takes advantage of the membrane within the abdomen to act as a filter. In either case toxins are removed from the blood stream. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long with end stage renal failure without dialysis?
- Side effects of kidney dialysis in elderly patients
- Stage 5 kidney failure life expectancy without dialysis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms that dialysis isn t working anymore
- Diarrhea in dialysis patients
- Blood in urine of a dialysis patient
- How to improve kidney function to avoid dialysis?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free