Doctor insights on:
Diagnostic Procedures For A Colectomy
If patient had total colectomy with Ileostomy placement, can they have a surgical procedure involving ileum to sigmoid/left colon several yrs later.
YES: if one performs a left colectomy, even extending the dissection below peritoneal reflection, as long as there is a rectal stump, 1-2 cm above the levators, proximal bowel can be reanastomosed. One can creates a pouch from the proximal bowel to make anastomosis easier and have the pouch act as a partial reservoir for the liquid feces in the ileum that will be used for anastomosis ...Read more
I had a total colectomy over 20 years ago, any special diet that i need to follow now that I am on my fortys?
Colectomy and diet.: What is your family doctor telling you when you go in for your routine physical? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Colectomy operative procedures
- Cystitis diagnostic procedures
- Diagnostic procedures for fetal alcohol syndrome
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Colon colectomy
- Colectomy types
- Descending colectomy
- Post colectomy
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free