Doctor insights on:
Diabetic Kidney Disease
Diabetic kidney problems is also known as Diabetic kidney disease. Diabetic kidney problems is a serious complication of diabetes mellitus. It is the leading cause of end stage kidney disease in the U.S. It begins with asymptomatic spilling of protein in the urine. Eventually, it can progress into chronic renal failure and patients require ...Read more
None: Diabetes can hurt the kidneys and not be detectable on urine or blood test. In fact, studies have been done on diabetes patients who have normal kidney test, yet biopsies of these patients show damage. Diabetic retinopathy correlates with diabetic nephropathy. Studies have shown ace inhibitors to be protective of kidneys on both normotensive and hypertensive patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lab tests: Urine should be checked for protein once a year with a test for microscopic levels of Albumin (often called micro-albumin). Blood should be checked for BUN (blood urea nitrogen) to measure the levels of nitrogen-containing waste levels. Higher levels mean the kidney is not as efficient as it should be. A calculated value called egfr reflects the kidneys' ability to remove waste products. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Diabetic nephropathy is also known as Diabetic kidney disease. Diabetic nephropathy is a condition where the chronic high blood glucose of a diabetic damages the small vessels of the kidney, causing the kidney to leak protein into the urine. There are often no symptoms until ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Diabetic kidney disease dark urine
- Diabetic kidney disease electrolytes abnormal
- What is stage 3 diabetic chronic kidney disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the result of electrolytes abnormal in diabetic kidney disease?
- Does diabetic kidney disease cause kidney damage?
- What is the result of urinalysis protein in diabetic kidney disease?
- Does diabetic kidney disease cause preterm delivery?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free