Doctor insights on:
Diabetes Tipo 2
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
Really more that 2: Most people are aware of type 1 and type 2 diabetes but there are other forms as well. Gestational (during pregnancy) , chemical or drug induced diabetes and MODY- Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young are other forms. However, the Type 2 is the most common worldwide. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Healthy lifestyle: Maintain a good weight, keep up the physical activity. Do not neglect strength training to increase/maintain body muscle mass. T2dm is strongly genetic, so sometimes the best of lifestyle measures cannot prevent it, but they will still make it easier to treat. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Heart protection too: Dr. Fisher is correct. In addition, pre-diabetes is a risk factor for heart disease and you should pay attention to reducing other heart disease risk factors. Lipids (cholesterol, triglycerides, etc) and blood pressure should be checked. Presumably you don't smoke. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Diabetes mellitus type 2
- Nursing interventions for diabetes mellitus type 2
- What are the chances my newborn son will have diabetes if my husband is type 2?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many years does it take to burn out the pancreas and get type 2 diabetes?
- Nursing care plan diabetes mellitus type 2
- Can drinking too much milk cause diabetes type 2?
- What are the main counseling points for diabetes type 1 type 2?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free