Doctor insights on:
Diabetes Insipidus Is Caused By Hyposecretion Of
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
Head injury dia insi: Approximately 30 to 50 percent of patients who survived post traumatic brain injury demonstrate endocrine abnormalities diabetes insipidus is an exception as it does have a specific history.Di most commonely associated with severe tbi and basilar skull fractureand cranial nerve involvement, craniofacial trauma, and post cardiopulmonary arrest. Delayed onset of di isassociated with post pitutary lesi. ...Read more
Classic causes: But many patients have taken to consuming large amounts of water due to perception that this is valuable for their health. An internist is ideal to figure this out. ...Read more
Follow doc's advise: You need to find out the cause so you can be treated appropriately. Often time, diabetes insipidus is just a symptom, not the cause. The hormone involved is ADH (antidiuretic hormone). If the cause is in the brain, treatment is to give back ADH (ddavp) either in nasal spray or pill. If the problem is at the kidney, treatment is antiinflammatory (indomethacin) and diuretics (hctz and amiloride). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If the cause disappe: The degree of recovery is largely dependent on the underlying cause of the disease. Complete resolution of symptoms may not be seen in individuals with severe disease. Chronic diabetes insipidus, although inconvenient, is not usually a dire medical condition. When properly treated, diabetes insipidus itself does not reduce life expectancy. The prognosis, therefore, depends on the underlying diseas. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Diabetes insipidus is characterized by all of the following except
- What is the type of stroke caused by hypertension and diabetes?
- What is the cause of diabetes insipidus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is prostate cancer caused by overuse of the gland?
- Asthma is caused by a response of the
- What is the cause of gassy stomach followed by pain under breastbone?
- Loss of blood to the brain caused by a ruptured vessel is called
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free