Doctor insights on:
Took 1 mg dexamethasone pill at 11:36pm for cushing's stimulation test done at 8:45am. Couldn't sleep all night, literally. Proof of cushings?
Is it normal that my heartbeats get faster when I take Dexamethasone? And when I fall asleep, my heart jumps and starts beating faster and I wake up
No : it is not normal. Why are you taking dexamethsone? Is it for allergies or autoimmune disease or what? Whatever the reason for dexamethsone you need to find the cause and also cause for your palpitations and rapid heart. To learn how to treat the cause Please visit us at www.ehacstl.com ...Read more
Varies: Dosage, location but usually brief duration!Get a more detailed answer ›
Cushing synd. types: Dexamethasone suppression test is done to differentiate varies types of cushing syndrome response of gland to acth ( pituitary axis )by measuring cortisol levels like a) primary adrenal cushing b) ectopic acth production c) cushing's disease by pituitary tumor an MRI needed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i sleep with my girdle?
- Why do my hips hurt when i sleep on my side?
- Why do i bite my tongue when im a sleep and the pain wakes me up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it ok to sleep on wet hair?
- Why do my hands go numb when i sleep?
- Why do my hands fall asleep when i am sleeping?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free