Doctor insights on:
Detox Cleanse For Drug Overdose
Likely nothing: The first sign of overdose may be death- no other warning. This is true if we are talking about opioids, sedatives and perhaps alcohol. If we are talking about Cocaine or other stimulants- it may be anxiety, palpitations, seizures, tremors and than perhaps death. However, these symptoms can be seen in sensitive individuals even with very low exposures.See 1 more doctor answer
Maximum dose exceded: When the maximum safe dose or dose of medicationis consumed beyond its prescription.
Why do you ask?: They're fairly high, and serious brain damage is one of the risks. If you are considering suicide, please call 911, your family physician, or some other person who's wise and trustworthy. They can help you get out of impossible situations, and help you find the inner strength go live. 'You can find something better than death anywhere', as the old take says. Best wishes.
Impossible to answer: As it totally depends on which drug is ingested. Most overdoses are VERY UNPLEASANT in addition to potentially being LETHAL. If you are thinking about harming yourself, PLEASE get help, call the nearest suicide hotline or the county mental health center, tell a trusted friend, or call 911. Suicidal thoughts ALWAYS pass.
Please: Let us know which drug you have in mind. Each drug is different. Clarify and re-ask question.
Why?: I am not sure why you would ask this question. Ultimately any overdose can lead to death, but the mechanism of death depends on which illicit drug you are referring to and the amount. If you are concerned about you or someone else overdosing or considering it please call911 or go to the nearest hospital
Hopefully the: Person involved will receive emergency care. They will be monitored ; stablized. When possible, blood levels of the drugs overdosed on will be measured. If the person can't breath - a breathing tube may be used. They may have intravenous fluids. Sometimes the stomach is pumped and charcoal may be given. Depending on depth of wrist laceration depth- they may need to be sutured or even surgery.See 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Treatment of drug overdose varies greatly on the individual case. It depends on what drug the patient is detoxing from, how long they have used it, how high of doses they have used and any other complicating factors they may have such as chronic medical problems. The sedation is usually meant to help decrease the effects of withdrawl and may be needed for just a few days to a week or more.
Get help: May not be too late, if you get professional help and stay away from drugs.
Depends...: It depends on what agent has been overdosed. Some patients will require observation but others will require ICU level care, perhaps even life support! some overdosages are more dangerous than others do all overdoses need to be evaluated by a doctor to determine the care that is necessary.See 1 more doctor answer
Many symptoms: This depends entirely upon the drug taken you may experience heightened sensations that are psychedelic, you may experience prolonged sleep, you can lose your reasoning capacity and communication skills, some get violent or just plain stupid and in extreme overdose you may stop breathing or you heart may stop and you could die.
Long answer: There are a lot of reasons why overdose happens. There is an established set of dosages for medications based on the disease they are being used to treat for. When that dosage is exceeded, that is an overdose. Some overdoses do not harm a patient, but a harmful overdose can happen when the amount prescribed is exceeded. Different drugs have different effects when overdosed.
Immediately call 911: Get that person to the Emergency Room ASAP. In the meantime, keep the patient as still as possible and turn the head to one side to prevent issues when or if they pass out as part of the overdose.
Depends - can die!: Drug overdoses don't just make someone sleep - they can stop the heart or stop breathing. If someone is unconscious from a drug overdose, call 911 right away, because they can easily stop breathing and die or suffer permanent brain damage. This is true for medication overdoses as well as overdose of street or party drugs.
Any age: Can happen irrespective of age.Get a more detailed answer ›
Drug rehab time: The question is too broad for a simple answer. How long has the abuser been abusing, why does he/she want to stop, what substances were used, and now often were they used. These are some of the? S that can predict in or out patient time, but the real, answer is: for the rest of your life!
Maybe: You may have been messed up by drugs before the overdose.