Doctor insights on:
Manmade v. natural: Vasopressin is the human produced hormone, while the long-acting synthetic analogue of this is desmopressin. But they have very similar effects -- although nothing is as good as the body's own creation. Vasopressin controls blood osmolarity (volume of urine, volume of blood and fluid in the body). ...Read more
Reduce urine amount: It is a synthetic anti-diuretic hormone. Acts on the kidney to reabsorb more filtered water so that less urine is produced. Idea being that the bladder will be able to accomodate a smaller urine volume produced and not reach a threshold where nervous system feels it has to expell urine, whilst subject is sleeping, and result in control of bedwetting. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Desmopressin acetate is useful in the treatment of
- How soon do hydrocortisone acetate suppositories start to work?
- Calcium acetate 667 mg
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hydrocortisone acetate
- Dexamethasone acetate cream
- What is sucrose acetate isobutyrate?
- Erectile dysfunction medication flecainide acetate
- Talk to a urologist online for free