Doctor insights on:
Desitin Warnings And Recalls
Dependent on cause: Desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) is essentially a skin protectant used to treat or prevent skin breakdown from irritants like urine in sensitive areas. Desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) is great for treating mild diaper rash to other skin fold, moisture-related problems. If you are treating regular diaper rash and it is mild, expect it to take 2-3 days to settle down. If it is more severe and tender, it can take up to a week to finally quiet dow. ...Read more
I often tell patient: To use Destine for all ages as it is very safe for raw irritated skin in going or between buttocks. ...Read more
Crisco: It makes for a great thick barrier on the skin. Preferred " ointment" by many moms I know. ...Read more
We ran out of desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) for my baby, is there anything else I can use for one day?
Yes you can: More important though is to keep the skin dry and clean as much as you can ...Read more
Meds: You should see your dermatologist to get the best treatment. ...Read more
Yes: Yes, desiring is a moisture barrier. Another inexpensive product you might try (another soothing moisture barrier used by adults) is calmoseptine, which is available over the counter as well. ...Read more
No: Zinc oxide is a topical cream used for barrier protection ie. Diaper rash: desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) creates a barrier for the skin against contact with feces/urine to prevent irritation). A PPD allergy is a systemic reaction after being exposed to the injection your immune system develops a response that a topical cream like zinc oxide will not be useful ...Read more
Can 3 week old healthy baby use a+d diaper ointment at moms house & desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) paste at dads house?
16month son has had pink rash on armpits/crotch for 4 days. Nothing is helping (cortisone/desitin) no fever and doesn't seem to itch.?
See your doctor: It is possible this could be a strep rash and need oral antibiotics. ...Read more
Maybe.: Desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) is zinc oxide, which has two principle purposes. It is very effective as a moisture barrier (hence used on a baby's bottom to prevent diaper rash) and as en effective sun block. There is some evidence that it results in a reduction in the production of sebum, the oil produced by our sebaceous skin glands. Therefore it may play a role in the treatment of acne. Check with your dermatologist. ...Read more
Desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) =Zn oxide: Desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) is used for diaper rash, its ingredient = zinc oxide, is not an antifungal. Since athlete's foot (tinea pedis) is caused by a fungus in the skin of the feet, u get better results if using an antifungal topical-- cream, ointment, powder or spray--. Common otc topical agents are terbinafine (lamisil), azoles: ketocon (nizoral), clotrim (lotrimin), flucon (mycocide) & tolnaftate (tinactin). ...Read more
Open to air:
The best remedy for diaper rash is to clean the area thoroughly and often. After cleaning air dry or fan with your hand or use a blow dryer on cool. Leave the diaper off when you can. Creams are basically a barrier and when using take care to dry the area off well before applying.
Also some diaper rashes will require medicated cream. You may want to call your pediatrician. ...Read more
Possibly...: However it depends on what the trash is from. If it is from friction and just general irritation, it could. However, i'd it is not, and from am infection of some sort, not likely. It will not hurt you though. Most likely if it does not improve, you should consider having your primary care or gyn doc give you a formal diagnosis. I hope that helps! ...Read more
No: Not ever had that happen. I also like a&d ointment, boudreaux's butt paste, calendula...As options. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Carmex warnings and recalls
- Flovent warnings and recalls
- How fast do cut lips heal do i use carmex?
- How many days should you stay home from school with pink eye?
- How to roast kabocha squash in a pressure cooker?
- What would happen if you swallow a hair and it went down the wrong way?
- Please help us our daughter has fever of unknown origin what can we do to learn more about it
- Why is it when you get a cut on your tongue it heals alot faster than a cut on your knee or something?
- What happens if you burp and you can taste your pill?
- Hello sir my teacher has fell in his mouth very dry and want to drink water
- I thought i had my first free but i got charged a fee
- Risk of hiv from needle stick from a negative source patient
- 6 year old with strep and reoccurring itching rash and blister on arm
- Are nightmares charastic in 7 year olds?
- I took my newly pierced earring out and put it back in
- Where do you get alum for canker soure
- Could us use vicks vapor rub hurt you if you used it in your diy lip gloss
- Can you take out dated tums for heart burn?
- Can pms give you chills?
- Would it be good to use a saline solution to clean a cut in my mouth caused by eating a sharp banana chip what brands are available in pharmacies