Doctor insights on:
Describe What Is An Infection Of The Uterus
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Endometritis: Endometritis is an infection in the uterus. It can be caused by many different types of bacteria. It usually presents with lower abdominal pain, abnormal foul smelling discharge, and fever. It can occur following pregnancy and is often seen in women who had a prolonged period of time of ruptured membranes prior to delivery. It is also seen in women remote from pregnancy. Treatment is antibiotics. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you describe symptoms of uterus infection after fibroid removal surgery? I had the surgery 6 months ago, now have bleeding between periods
Unlikely infection: If you had this 6 mos ago infection would have appeared long before this time and be manifest by fevers, discharge, pain, etc. If you are having bleeding, please go see your ob/gyn and be reexamined. ...Read more
Endometritis : Studies show endometritis moe likely after childbirth or C-section. Endometritis may occur after a pelvic procedure through the cervix such as a D&C, IUD placement, or endometrial biopsy. Signs and symptoms include supra public pain, abnormal vaginal bleeding, fever, pain with bowel movement and other symptoms. Endometritis can happen at same time as other pelvic infections and must be treated. ...Read more
Pain: An infection in the uterus is called endometritis. Symptoms usually include lower abdominal or pelvic pain. Low-grade fever or vaginal discharge may also be other symptoms. Pain during intercourse may also be a clue. I would highly recommend you visiting your ob/gyn or primary care doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Vaginal secretions during an orgasm
- What is the limit of benadryl allergy pills you should take as an adult?
- What is the function of an axon terminal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the significance of an extra heart valve?
- What is the result of cbc wbc count in urinary tract infection?
- What is the normal size of a uterus in cm?
- What is the fastest way to reduce a swelling of the eye from an injury?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free