Doctor insights on:
Describe The Colonoscopy Procedure
Liquids: No solid or soft foods ar allowed on the day of the prep. Any liquid that you can see through (clear liquids) is allowed--tea, black coffee, water, juces without pulp, broths, popsicles, hard candy (ie, jolly ranchers). Avoid any red colored fluids as they may give the tissue a bloody appearance and can be confusing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Too vague: Depends on what was its purpose. If it was for screening and nothing was found, usually that's it. If it's to evaluate a particular problem like bleeding, your doctor will decide what other tests to do. Of course, if the colonoscopy finds something, there may be treatment offered. Always know the purpose and the results of any test you get. If unsure, ask the doc. ...Read more
I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow and I am in the process of taking the moviprep. What am I to expect tonight AND during the procedure? Thank you x
Colonoscopy : You will have multiple loose bowel movements that will eventually turn to clear. You may have soreness in the rectal area from the multiple bowel movements. When you go for the procedure itself , you should not feel anything. Afterwards the nurse will ask you to pass the gas that helped to inflate your colon and then they will send you home. You may still be drowsy from the anesthesia after. ...Read more
I have a colonoscopy scheduled at 3:30pm. How does the prep differ from a morning procedure? Is it advisable to have one in the morning instead?
I'm having a colonoscopy and i want to be awake for the whole procedure. Is that possible? Also they are having me take 12 ducolax pills.is that safe
Rarely: With adequate sedation patients generally have no discomfort. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of food can i eat the day before my colonoscopy procedure?
- Describe the hematocrit test procedure
- Can i smoke before my procedure colonoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a colonoscopy procedure cause severe hip and leg pain?
- Stomach bloating after a colonoscopy
- Does a colonoscopy check the small intestine?
- What is the procedure to take mankind unwanted kit?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free