Doctor insights on:
I had a total colectomy over 20 years ago, any special diet that i need to follow now that I am on my fortys?
Colectomy and diet.: What is your family doctor telling you when you go in for your routine physical? ...Read more
Varies: This depends on the reason for the colectomy, the approach used. In general, one should be stool within a matter of days. If not, it is possible that there is another reason at work and further evaluation should occur. If you have been operated upon many times before, the operation may have been difficult and slow you intestine is slow to recover. The length of time postoperatively is importan. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Long term limitations after partial colectomy
- Colectomy vs colostomy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a laparoscopic partial colectomy take?
- Causes of descending paralysis
- Descending colon pain
- Do you have problems after a sigmoid colectomy?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free