Doctor insights on:
Dermoid Ovarian Cyst That Is Calcified
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Pain, adhesions.: A dermoid cyst is full of a oil like substance and often hair and other debris that can cause a lot of internal irritation/inflammation. This can lead to something called adhesions, where the internal organs stick together. All of this will cause immediate pain. If the rupture is during surgery, and rapid suction/cleanup is performed, the results are usually very good. ...Read more
No: Functional cysts such as follicles are intended to rupture (that's ovulation, ) many abnormal cysts (endometriomas, benign tumors, dermoid cysts) will not go away unless removed. SO if it's a dermoid it will stay and keep growing; conversely if it DOES go away on its own it wasn't dermoid. Good wishes. ...Read more
Is it possible to have recurrent dermoid ovarian cysts? Had one removed in 2013 and have similar pain, what will happen if I keep getting them?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Whats a possible sign that a ovarian cyst is shrinking
- Is an ovarian dermoid cyst a baby?
- Breast discharge is that a symptom of an ovarian cyst
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is an ovarian dermoid cyst a fetus?
- What is a dermoid ovarian cyst?
- What is a calcified ovarian cyst?
- What is recovery time after surgery to remove a dermoid cyst?
- Talk to a dermatologist online