Doctor insights on:
Bad word for cleft: "harelip" is an outdated (and bad) slang word for cleft lip, which is a congenital defect of fetal lip closure. It has a genetic basis and occurs in about 1 in 800 births. Excellent surgical repairs are possible shortly after birth and the child can lead a normal life. Two movie stars with cleft lips are stacy keach and joaquin phoenix. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Old term.: "hair lip" refers to what most people now call "cleft lip." cleft lip is a congenital disorder in which the developing fetus's nasal prominences (nose and central upper lip), which normally come down during to join the maxillary prominences (cheeks and lateral upper lips) don't join properly. This can happen on one or both sides. Can be associated with cleft palate. Tx is surgery + therapy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there dentures you can have for a harelip?
- What are the metals and acrylics used in partial dentures?
- How to get nicotine stains off of dentures?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you still get dentures if you have little to no solid bone left?
- What are the best acrylic resins to make dentures or stay plates with?
- Will getting new dentures with implants help with my tmj
- What type of dentist does dentures?
- Talk to a plastic surgeon online for free