Doctor insights on:
Have a dental appt tomorrow and i'll be getting 2%lidocaine with epi. What does the epi stand for?
Depends on the Tooth: For upper teeth, the injection is normally right next to the tooth, on the outside, where the cheek/lip is. For surgery, another injection on the palate is needed. For lower teeth, the injection is normally near the back of the mouth on that side, where the jaw bone starts going up towards the ear. There are other types of injections also. It depends on the tooth and the planned procedure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am allergic to novacain, septocaine, and lidocaine. Is there anything else that can be used for a dental procedure?
See an allergist: People with allergies to local anesthetics tend to cross-react to medicines within the same chemical group. You've listed medicine from both major anesthetic groups, which is not common. An allergist can perform testing to determine: 1) if you are truly 'allergic' or have other types of reactions, 2) exactly what drugs from each class you react to, 3) if there are drugs you can safely take. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Why does it take eight or more hours for lidocaine or carbocaine to wear off after my dental work?
Side effects: Potentially serious: feeling anxious, shaky, dizzy, restless, or depressed; drowsiness, vomiting, ringing in your ears, blurred vision; confusion, twitching, seizure (convulsions); fast heart rate, rapid breathing, feeling hot or cold; weak or shallow breathing, slow heart rate, weak pulse; or feeling like you might pass out. Less serious mild bruising, swelling numbness mild dizziness and nausea. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm allergic to lidocaine & epinephrine used for dental & dermatology procedures & need to know what local anesthesia is ok for sensitive persons.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lidocaine side effects dental
- What are dental implants?
- Can i just pop a dental abscess on my own?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is lidocaine hydrochloride jelly usp 2 used for?
- How do you get dental floss out if stuck between two of your teeth?
- Dental abscess often causes a swollen cheek for how long
- How can i get rid of a dental abscess on my own no insurance now?
- Talk to a dentist online for free