Doctor insights on:
Dental Floss For Braces
Use tweezers on flos: Using a mirror and a fine set of tweezers, start at the loose end and begin picking at the end pushing it towards the tangle. Loops of the caught part should open up then pull on them. Can use a sharp xacto knife to cut the easily visible parts. May be easier to go to the orthodontist and have them remove it. ...Read more
Easy...dental floss!: A waterpik and/or airflosser are great products, however they are not a replacement for good flossing habits--they are a replacement for not flossing. This is not the same thing. These tools can be incorporated in your regular dental home care to stimulate gum tissue and help clean around braces or under dental bridges but it is still not better than floss. Sorry to be the bearer of this news. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Dental floss: For efficiency and patient compliance, I find that my patients do better with the floss picks. From a pure cleaning standpoint, floss wraps around the teeth better if you use is properly. If you are doing one or the other, you are doing better than 90 percent of America, so pat yourself on the back. Just make sure to floss daily along with twice daily brushing with fluoride toothpaste ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Yes, its a little scary when we swallow a foreign body. In general floss is quite benign. You may or may not see it in your stool. Just stay well hydrated and eat as usual. Do not make yourself vomit or take laxatives to try and get it out. If you develop any abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, then go to your nearest er or urgent care. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get dental floss out if stuck between two of your teeth?
- Dental abscess often causes a swollen cheek for how long
- Is 500 mg of amoxicillin 4 x day for 7 days enough to clear a dental abscess?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Knee braces for obese people
- Triangle rubber bands for braces
- How helpful is the waterpik for dental health i tried it and it hurts my gums?
- Usual dosage of amoxicillin for dental infection
- Talk to a dentist online for free