Doctor insights on:
Dental Anesthetic And Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Is there a proven link between breastfeeding and improved lifelong dental health? Do formula-fed babies get weaker teeth/thinner enamel? Thanks!
No direct link: Infants who fall asleep while either breast feeding and/or bottle feeding are both more prone to tooth decay as they don't swallow the last of thy milk or formula and it sits around their teeth all night causing decay. Bottles tend to be worse as the baby does not have to actively suck for liquid to keep dripping into their mouths. Either method used improperly will cause decay. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I am breastfeeding a 7m old baby. Is it safe to take a single dose of diazepam (sedation for dental procedure)? I'm afraid I don't know the dose.
Breastfeeding. Had a local anaesthetic injection during dental filling work. Had distorted vision, numb tongue immediately after injection. Why?
I am currently breastfeeding and my gums for about 2 weeks have been pulsing and swollen. What can it be from? I have good dental hygiene.
I've noticed one of my wisdom teeth are loose. What should I do? Also, I am currently breastfeeding, would that be affected by the treatment?
Loose wisdom: A loose tooth be it a wisdom tooth or other tooth at your age is an issue that needs to be evaluated. Call your dentist and make sure you do not have some sort of infection associated with this tooth. If the tooth needs to be extracted and you are put on narcotic pain relievers you may have to pump and dump for a while. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Increased vaginal discharge and breastfeeding
- Chia seeds and breastfeeding
- Can i take advil cold and sinus while breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i take for upset stomach and diarrhea while breastfeeding?
- Strength training and breastfeeding
- Cold and sinus medicine that is safe while breastfeeding
- How helpful is the waterpik for dental health i tried it and it hurts my gums?
- Talk to a pediatrician online