Doctor insights on:
Delsym And Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Dextromethorphan: Assigned to pregnancy category c by fda. Animal studies show evidence of teratogenicity. Dm only recommended for use during pregnancy when benefit outweighs risk. But, "…safety of dm in pregnancy : results of a controlled study" (done 2001) concluded :… study fails to show dm use during pregnancy increases rates of major malformations above expected baseline rate of 1% to 3%. Ask ob's opinion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes/No/When?: Based on the limited available data, an increased risk of adverse birth outcomes has not been observed following maternal use of Guaifenesin in pregnancy maternal use of standard otc doses of dextromethorphan when used as an antitussive during the first trimester of pregnancy has not been found to increase the risk of teratogenic effects. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Did you have implantation bleeding and a negative pregnancy test
- Pregnancy after uterine ablation and tubal ligation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you hurt in the lower back and hip in early signs of pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- Is your cervix low and open in the early stages of pregnancy?
- Delsym and benadryl
- Talk to an allergist online for free