Doctor insights on:
Delivery With Shoulder Dystocia Humerus Fracture In Baby
I've shoulder dislocation with humerus fracture, I alreeady pass the surgery for 2 weeks, but now I feel the shoulder become dislocated again, help?
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
There isn't one: It is generally impossible to tell beforehand if shoulder dystocia will occur. ...Read more
Depends on age: If an infant, fractures heal very fast. May be as soon as 2-3 weeks. ...Read more
Bone Healing Aids: A well balanced diet is best regardless of injury. While taking a calcium supplement will not speed healing as well as a multi vitamin its part of a balanced diet. If you are taking anti inflammatory medication you should discuss the possible effects on fracture healing with your doctor. If you smoke stop while your fracture is healing. Smoking is associated with delayed fracture healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
It is a fracture (bone break) of the upper arm bone. The humerus is the bone that connects to the shoulder (through part of the shoulder blade) at one end, the elbow (through the two bones of the forearm, the ulna and the radius) at the other. The humerus can be fractured ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does delivery with shoulder dystocia cause humerus fracture in baby?
- Does delivery with shoulder dystocia cause clavicular fracture in baby?
- Is babys gender a symptom of delivery with shoulder dystocia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is ethnicity a factor in delivery with shoulder dystocia?
- Delivery with shoulder dystocia hemorrhage in mother
- Delivery complication asphyxia delivery with shoulder dystocia
- Cephalopelvic disproportion delivery with shoulder dystocia
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free