Doctor insights on:
Delayed Growth (Definition)
Delayed growth is a clinical finding in which a child's height, weight, or both has not yet reached a level where they normally should be given the child's age.
Many: Including, but not limited to, genetics, systemic disease, medications, missing teeth, and many other causes. For this, and many other reasons, it is recommended that all children have their 1st Dental Examination at about the time of their 1st b'day. If you feel there are growth & development issues see a children's Dental growth & development expert, a Pediatric Dental Specialist (Pedodontist) ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Delayed puberty: Essentially, this would apply to girls who have not started breast development by 12-13 years-old or to boys who haven't had testicular enlargement by age 14 years-old. Not sure what you mean by imbalanced. If this doesn't answer your question, please let me know. ...Read more
Depends on cause: There isn't a good answer for this question without knowing the cause of delayed growth and whether treatment is necessary. If you have more information it may be helpful. ...Read more
Suggest me home tips to get rid of delayed and very frequent periods and to get regular periods.... ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can teen have delayed growth?
- Does gymnastics stunt growth or delay puberty in boys or girls?
- Delayed growth and development nursing care plan
- Home remedies for delayed growth
- Fluoride cause growth delay
- Constitutional growth delay symptoms
- Delayed growth spurt
- Constitutional growth delay chart
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free