Doctor insights on:
Decongestant Without Antihistamine
Yes: This combination is commercially available as an otc medicine -ask pharmacist. ...Read more
Yes you can: You can take both medications at the same time providing that you follow the recommended otc doses. ...Read more
Need More Info: It is probably not serious, but you cannot determine the seriousness of a disease just by knowing the recommended medications. I do not usually give my patients decongestants for long term use due to side effects like insomnia, agitation, elevated blood pressure, and heart rate. They are ok for short term use or when you are sick for a few days. ...Read more
What is the difference between nasal decongestant and antihistamine ? When do you use each med ? Which one is better ?
Allergies: A nasal decongestant can be a nasal steroid, a nasal vasoconstrictor such as afrin and an oral decongestant such as pseudoephedrine. The nasal steroid is the safest long term option. The other 2 carry significant side effects. An antihistamine helps with the sneezing, runny nose and itching symptoms. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take an antihistamine and a decongestant together?
- Decongestant without pseudoephedrine
- Can i take antihistamine and decongestant together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Honey cough suppressant antihistamine decongestant allergy relief
- Is mucinex a decongestant or antihistamine?
- Antihistamine vs decongestant
- Can you take a antihistamine with a decongestant?
- Talk to a dermatologist online