Doctor insights on:
Decongestant For High Blood Pressure Patients
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
What to do if I have only 1 kidney and high blood pressure is there a decogestant that I can safely take?
Yes: Coricidin HBP. http://www.coricidinhbp.com/coricidin/learn-more/why-coricidin-hbp.jspa ...Read more
Low sodium: Avoid salt. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
For high blood pressure patients, is no salt a correct substitute for salt? Also, what is no salt?
Any salt substitute: Would be appropriate. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diet and Hi BP: The optimal diet for Hi BP is called the DASH diet; it is low salt, low refined carb and low sugar, low bread, low pasta, no fried food, low saturated fats; but fruit and veggies and whole grains dominate; for protein, use egg white, fish, very lean poultry, no skin; modest portions; only supplement I recommend is omega 3; aim for ideal weight; exercise twice daily; don't smoke; ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mild HTN: If the BP can be controlled without a diuretic, then none need be used. However, normal physiologic response to BP lowering is to retain fluid, so a diuretic makes great sense, acting synergistically with other BP meds. Moreover, diuretics complement the potassium retaining effect of some BP drugs by clearing potassium in the urine. Hctz is so gentle, you won't even know it's working-i promise! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Decongestant safe for high blood pressure
- Why does a doctor give nitroglycerin for a patient with high blood pressure?
- What decongestant is safe for high blood pressure?
- Decongestant for people with high blood pressure
- Why is exercise not good for the patients high blood pressure?
- Allergy medicine for patients with high blood pressure
- Best food for high blood pressure patients
- Foods to avoid for high blood pressure patients
- Talk to a cardiologist online for free