Doctor insights on:
Which organ metabolizes corticosteroids? (Prednisone, Decadron, Medrol) would it be the Liver or the Kidneys?
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
Steroid side effects: Decadron also known as dexamethasone is a potent steroid that can be taken as pill, injection or cream. Side effects are like other steroids but can include stomach upset, headache, dizziness, menstrual changes, trouble sleeping, increased appetite, weight gain, and mood changes. With prolonged use it may decrease body defense to infections, affect bones, muscles and eyes. ...Read more
Good thinking: The longer you are on it, the more likely, you will have side effects. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a liver laceration?
- How long will you live with stage 4 liver cancer?
- How can you reduce sgpt level and improve fatty liver?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is apple cider vinegar bad for your liver?
- How long can a person live after being diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver?
- Increased parenchymal echogenicity of liver
- Fatty liver
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free