Doctor insights on:
19mo old given Decadron 3 day in ER for amox allergy. Hives return in extreme next day. Prescibed prednisdone 3 oral doses. We are on day 7 of hives can I just continue w/benedrayl vs more steroids?
Keep connected: Allergic reactions to penicillin type drugs can be dangerous. You should be in daily contact with your doctor. Especially if the interventions don't seem to be doing anything. These reactions can progress to anaphylaxis, angioneurotic edema and even stevens-johnson syndrome. The high dose steroids should be helping. As a doctor i might not be able to sleep knowing your 19 mo old is not better. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Thrombocytopenia 4 mths ago after taking several doses of bactrim. Thrown in remission after 3 days decadron. Plt. In 200s n holding. Pregnancy safe?
Can a single dose of dexamethasone sodium phosphate 24mg taken at 32 weeks pregnancy cause development or neurological delays in my unborn child?
No, a single course : of antenatal steroids is considered to be the least risky and most effective treatment for avoiding breathing problems and other complications in premature babies. One study showed fluctuations in fetal heart rate for 4-7 days & some moms have side effects, but no adverse impact on infant development has been found. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Decadron dose pack directions
- Decadron dose pack
- How long dose it take for sperm to reach the egg?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will double dose of birth control stop vaginal bleeding
- Why dose my right shoulder close to my neck hurt when i breath in hard?
- What is the highest dose of antihistamine i can take?
- Accidentally took double dose of levothyroxine
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free