Doctor insights on:
Death From Acute Pancreatitis
If I need pain medications because I have acute pancreatitis, will I need to sign a pain contract?
Yes: However, it may recur.Get a more detailed answer ›
Pancreatitis.: Acute pancreatitis elevated amylase and lipase severe pain starts epigasric area and generalizes to abdomen and back. Chronic pancreatitis generally occurs in individual with prior history and is recurrent pain same location blood work does not have to be positive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It heals in few days: Acute pancreatitis is a serious illness causing much pain, nausea and vomiting. Patients require hospitalization to control pain, receive IV fluids and are kept npo. Sometimes it can be complicated by pancreatic necrosis and pseudocyst formation which may need surgery for correction. It resolves in 7-10 days in most case, unless it is complicated by the problems I have listed. ...Read more
Pain & scarring: Severe abdominal pain, nausea vomiting and in severe cases shock may result from pancreatitis. For more information see the web site give below. Pancreatitis often heals by scarring of damaged tissue. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-pancreatitis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Death from pancreatitis
- Death from liver failure what to expect
- Symptoms of impending death from kidney failure
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol after acute pancreatitis?
- Can you bleed to death from a nose bleed?
- Are there any known bad side effects or death from smoking marijuana?
- Can you die from acute bronchitis?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online