Doctor insights on:
Daypro Pain Medication
It's a short list...: Tylenol (acetaminophen) or tylenol with codeine; ultram (tramadol) are reasonable alternatives to consider in addition to .Daypro. More exotic would be a prescription medication such as the anti-migraine triptans group or butalbital/acetaminophen/caffeine preparation or certain injectable pain relievers more common to emergency departments or hospitalized illnesses. ...Read more
Frenectomy:can't take ibuprofen,aspirin,advil,etc w/oxaprozin(daypro).
Meds for pain? I can't talk w/out pain and on a scale of 1-10 its about a 7or8.
Oral Lidocaine: Buy an oral anaesthetic, the kind you spray to the back of your throat to numb it, except use it in the surgical area. Try to find one that is meant for the mouth (swish and spit) rather than the kind for the throat. It will improve each day and this should help you tolerate the pain a bit more. ...Read more
Several Days: Daypro has a long half life of about 22 hrs. This means that it will take several days to reach a steady state level in the body. It is this steady state level that needs to be achieved to determine efficacy. Most likely 3-4 days before you will notice some relief. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes.: No more effective than other nsaids, but indiviudals can benefit from one drug over another. Generic Oxaprozin is indicated for RA & oa: osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: the recommended dose of Daypro for the relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis is 1200 mg (two 600 mg tablets) once a day. Side effects are similar to other drugs of it's class. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can thyroid medication elevate your liver enzymes and cause pain?
- Narcotic pain medication list by strength
- Narcotic pain medication
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which pain medication is prescribed for relief of a pinched nerve
- Psychiatrist prescribe medications chronic pain
- Can pain medication make you urinate more often?
- When to stop taking pain medication after ankle surgery
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free