Doctor insights on:
Day One Of Tonsillectomy
Yes but not normal: That needs a workup and evaluation by your gyn, 21 days is the minimal accepted time for periods 21-35 days is the normal range. ...Read more
Help! day one if period full flow. Day two three spits of blood on pad. Day three one spit of blood for while day. Is this period or spotting.
Yes: You need to focus on your own period pattern . If that was the case all the time , then it is normal for you. Everybody does not get the same amount of flow or the same duration. We say on average 3-5 days but there are lots of vatiation. ...Read more
Chloral Hydrate: I would check with the doc that prescribed the medication. They are the best one to give you advice on this. ...Read more
Day one of ovulation for the last several months causes nausea and vomiting lasting one about a day or two is this normal?
are not at all unusual with ovulation, generally some back pain (one sided) or less commonly abdominal pain. Nausea and Vomiting are much less common (but could be explained by the hormonal changes which occur. A frank discussion with your GYN is recommended! Hope this is helpful!
Dr Z ...Read more
You need an expert: From the series of pain management questions you ask, it seems clear to me that you need to work w/ a pain management expert team. Sometimes a mix of meds and other strategies is needed. Hypnosis, accupunture/pressure, psychotherapy, exercise and diet pgm, etc. The other drugs you take may interfere w/ relief too. Coordinate the effort! ...Read more
Low dose: Is your question, "how long should I continue doing this before we decide whether or not it is working?" two to four weeks is probably reasonable. 500 mg twice a day is a common dose. ...Read more
I have been taking benadryl (diphenhydramine) for about a week and one day I took a total of six 25 mg gelcaps over the course of the day and also had one beer. ?
Diphenhydramine: Maximum daily dose shouldn't exceed 300 mg from all sources. Better not to consume alcoholic beverages while taking this or any other sedating drug, read the labels carefully, best wishes ...Read more
Is an epistaxis a side effect of a cold? Two of the last three days i've had one. One lasted 20 minutes while the other lasted 10 minutes long.
Epistaxis: Epistaxis has several reasons. I cold can cause itching in the nose and resultant nose picking can cause epistaxis. There is drones sin the nose on some occasions , which can cause epistaxis. Prolonged use of Medications like otrivine can cause nose drones leading to epistaxis. http://patient.info/health/nosebleed-epistaxis-leaflet ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long ago?: This was very foolish and dangerous. Even one pill w/ any alcohol is not a good idea - you did a lot of both. So, if it was very recent, you might want to get to an ER - NOT BY DRIVING YOURSELF! If it was several hrs ago, do not take any more of either or any other medication. Try to stay awake OR be w/ a responsible adult. A clinic visit is still a good idea. Hoping you're ok is good! Please be! ...Read more
Explanation: Time of decomposition depend on severity of condition you try to treat . Start from 15-20 min for first week and then increase for 30 min. ...Read more
Depends: It depends on your total calorie intake If your total calorie intake is 2100 calories Less than 1/3 should be from fat ( 700 calories) since there are 9 calories per gram of fat that would equal less than 80 grams of fat a day. Try to have less than 8 grams (10%) as saturated fats, and the rest as unsaturated fats, such as olive oil. and polyunsaturated fats. ...Read more
I have been having 2 periods in one month one at beginning of the moth and one at the end any suggestion of why??
Length of cycle...: There is often a misconception that your period "once a month" literally means at the same time/date of every month. Cycles are often shorter than every 30-31 days so - if you have a 28 day cycle and start in the first couple of days of a month you will begin your cycle again in the last few days of the month. Shorter cycle = even earlier. Keep track and learn your own normal cycle length. ...Read more
Hi my medication says take two 5ml spoonfuls twice a day does that mean take two a day or two spoonfuls in the morning and two at night?
Does "Take 1 tablet by mouth twice a day" mean one in the morning and one at night? Or two back-to-back?
My 52lb son was given a dosage of 13.4mls twice a day of amoxicillin (400/5ml) for prevention of strep prior to a tonsillectomy. Is this high?
Is drinking 12 units of alcohol in one night ONCE per week worse than drinking 12 units of alcohol over the ONE week? If so why as its the same amount
MUCH worse: drinking more than 4 drinks on one occasion (3 for women and men over 60) constitutes binge drinking, and is statistically associated with the development of alcohol abuse and all its problems. It is also FAR more damaging to various organs (brain, nervous system, liver, pancreas, stomach etc etc) than drinking 1-2 drinks per day. Seek counseling if you cannot curtail your drinking/stop binges. ...Read more
1 day post op from tonsillectomy, having dry heaves, but no blood. Are the scabs coming off so soon?
Patient, be patient: Get info & help from surgeon - report bleeding. Ask for help to reduce dry heaves - any irritation in throat area is to be avoided if possible. Usually pain meds are stopped at 10 days, but you may hurt longer - protect scabs - they protect you. Drink water as much as you can - enjoy smoothies, ice-cream. Here's a good link: http://tonsillectomyrecovery.Com/tonsillectomy-recovery-forum/ best! ...Read more
Is it normal to have burning pain deep behind the eyes 1 day after adenoid and tonsillectomy (4 yr old boy)?
Can Be: All of those areas are interconnected and the irritation from the surgery can indeed extend up inot sinuses that are back behind the eyes. However, if there is any fever, gross, yucky drainage or he just feels really crappy, call your ENT doc immediately before the weekend to have him checked out. He could have developed an infection after the surgery that needs attention. ...Read more
My teenage daughter has extreamly bad pungent breath one day post op from her tonsillectomy . Why and how can she relieve this?
I am at my 11th post-op day after tonsillectomy, tonight im going out with my girlfriend can i drink alcoholic breverages and which one thank you?
I'm on day 8 post op of tonsillectomy. I am 18 years old. I have been smoking cigarettes for 2 years now. Was wondering if I can just smoke one?
Its day 11 and scabs are starting to fall off from tonsillectomy. One scab feels like its stuck in my throat feels like glass.
Hurts a lot: If you are undergoing tonsillectomy by a board certified otolaryngologist (ent surgeon), there is a 1% chance of serious post-op bleeding. That means there is a 99% chance you will be fine post-operatively. However, you will have at least 10 days of severe pain in the throat for which narcotic pain medication will be necessary. You will be fine. ...Read more
Hi, I just had a tonsillectomy and I have two questions, first one is why do I keep getting these painful snot ballish things? Second, how will I know
Post-tonsillectomy: All sorts of crusting, snot, phlegm, and secretions from mouth, nose, and down the throat are normal and expected for at least a week after surgery, as your body heals the raw 'mucosa' by natural scabbing. Take regularly scheduled pain meds, drink plenty of water, and avoid sports and strenuous activity. Don't worry about secretions unless bleeding. ...Read more
No: No. Assuming you mean one in the entire healing process. Follow the instructions of your ENT surgeon ...Read more
I am having a curette done on the 30th and then a tonsillectomy on the 6th. Is there any danger in being under anesthetic twice in one week?
I had a tonsillectomy (cautery) one week ago today, still EXTREMELY sore and unable to eat. How long will my pain last?
Why is there a persistent feeling that something is lodged in/near thyroid, one year after tonsillectomy surgery? Female, age 30.
What is an abnormal number of tonsil stones? I just extracted at least 5 good sized stones from one tonsil crypt. Should i consider a tonsillectomy?
Not sure: There isn't a defined number of abnormal stones. What is important are the symptoms. If they cause pain, bad breath, or are associated with infection, especially 6-7 infections in one year, or 3-5 yearly for>3-5 years then removal is indicated. Stones are from actinomyces, a normal mouth anaerobic resident. Sometimes augmentin, (amoxicillin and clavulanate) penicillin, or Cleocin can resolve it. ...Read more
I'm going for Tonsillectomy but can't skip meals as suffer from migrane. Skipping one meal makes me sick. How to cope up without eating for days pls ?
What are the risks and it's prevalence of tonsillectomy ? Will it affect ones' ability to sing? Have tonsillitis more than 6 x a year lasting v long ea
Most common risk is: Bleeding. It can occur up to two or more weeks after surgery. More likely in adult males. 6 infections a year would qualify you for a tonsillectomy but the procedure is still elective. Frequent strep positive infections have been associated with cardiovascular disease later in life. Taking the tonsils out does change the size of the resonant cavity but does not effect the voice box. ...Read more
Had tonsillectomy yesterday and surgeon said one tonsil was the size of my kidney and they fell apart once he had them out? What does this mean?
Had tonsillectomy. Difficulty taking antibiotic cause hard to swallow. Took one yesterday but today pain increase can't swallow. How to complete it?
Call doctor: Perhaps they can switch to liquid or chewables. And if pain is this severe perhaps a recheck to confirm there is not an infection is prudent. Good luck. ...Read more