Doctor insights on:
Dash Diet Food Pyramid
Her it is: I hope this the picture you asking about. Happy holidays. ...Read more
I have no idea but..: I have no idea & don't know how to find out- like any area of medicine, there are many different philosophies/approaches to nutrition. I am sure many nutritionists support it but am quite certain that many find it lacking. The usda food pyramid is ultimately a political document designed by committee influenced by special interests. I much prefer http://www.Drfuhrman.Com/library/foodpyramid.Aspx. ...Read more
Not Many!: Not many should! the original food pyramid was not based on scientific fact and has been thoroughly discounted by most modern physician and nutritionists. The best diet for today's modern person is to eat 1/3 lean protein, 1/3 dark green leafy vegetables and 1/3 power carbohydrates. Avoid the white starches, wheat and corn due to genetic modification. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is food pyramid wrong w/ 11 servings of carbs? I eat more fruits&veggies, protein w/whole grains&beans, but not 11 srvs. Could less carbs be harmful?
Food pyramid: Carbs can be healthy: whole fruit, whole veg, whole grains are also carbs. These are complex carbs. Avoid processed, simple, and refined carbs. Beans are excellent. Nuts are excellent. Quinoa is excellent ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Good question :-): Many people can tolerate grains and wheat breads, without difficulty. Some can be good sources of protein and other nutrients. If you're a person who doesn't tolerate these though, your own food pyramid would look different. Neurologist dr. David perlmutter has written a very interesting book about grains and the brain. http://tinyurl.com/mof6qj8 it provides some things to think about! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: Symptoms depend on where the cancer is. If localized to the lungs, there are often no symptoms. Once the tumor is large enough a cough or coughing blood may develop. If the cancer spreads, then symptoms depends on where. Cancer in the bone, for example may cause pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Discuss the food pyramid and relationship between diet and health
- How to calculate a 1200 calorie diet based on the food pyramid?
- Does the slim fast optima diet follow the food guide pyramid serving recommendations?
- Does the atkins diet follow the food guide pyramid?
- South beach diet food pyramid
- How the food pyramid can help people plan a nutritious diet?
- Does the atkins diet follow the food guide pyramid serving recommendations?
- Food lovers diet sample menu
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free