Doctor insights on:
Dark Skin Caused Lichen Amyloidosis
There are several types of amyloid which is an abnormal protein made by the body. When amyloid deposits into normal tissue such as skin, joints, liver, heart, etc, the condition is known as amyloidosis. Symptoms vary depending on what part of the body is effected. Consider going to an academic center to have it diagnosed and treated, because of ...Read more
Itchy papules: ?his is the most common form of primary localised cutaneous amyloidosis. It presents as an intensely itchy rash on the shins, thighs, feet, and forearms. Lesions consist of multiple raised spots (papules) that are scaly and red/brown in color. More common in people of chinese descent and in males 50-60 yrs of age. It may be associated with multiple endocrine disorders. ...Read more
No: It cannot be cured but they are meds that can be extremely effective in controlling the disease. ...Read more
No: Ed only improves the appearance. But it also creats new sacrs. Ed is not the answer. ...Read more
I have been diagnosed with lichen amyloidosis without proper test conducted by a dermatologist at malaysia. Should i get 2nd opinion?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best way to get rid of the dark skin caused by lichen amyloidosis?
- What could be causing the skin on my hands to get dark spots?
- Does the use of tretinoin on the skin cause dark spots?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes dark skin around the neck?
- What are the causes of dark pigmented skin on lower calves?
- What causes dark skin spots on your upper lip?
- Can dark chocolate cause a skin disorder?
- Talk to a dermatologist online