Doctor insights on:
Dark Areas In Field Of Vision
Floaters: It sounds as if you have had a posterior vitreous detachment. This is a situation where the vitreous(jelly) of the eye detaches (not a retinal detachment), it then "crumples" up leaving dots, spots, strands of blurry vitreous; i.e. The "floater". You should have an exam to ensure the incident did not tear the retina, which could lead to a retinal detachment. Wait one year then consider surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What can cause streaky vision? When objects move across my field of vision i see a trail of the object, especially in high contrast areas.
Peripheral vision: When someone refers to "field of vision" they are usually referring to your visual field, or the entire scope of what you see in your vision, most notably your peripheral vision. This phrase is also often used to refer to a visual field test which tests your extent to see in your peripheral vision. This is a test routinely used in the evaluation and treatment of glaucoma. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Exam time: Seeing flashes of light or stars can be associated with eye problems (pvd, retinal tear, etc) or high blood pressure. In pregnancy it can be associated with preeclampsia also. Most doctors want to be called or have a patient seen quickly if such symptoms. A physical and eye exam plus evaluation of blood pressure and tests can help determine what's occurring. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
May be serious: Bright dots are potentially a sign of a retinal tear or detachment and immediate evaluation is indicated. Other possible causes include intraocular inflammation and stimulation of the retina due to normal aging changes of the vitreous gel in the back of the eye. If you are currently seeing bright dots, call an eye doctor immediately. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of ingrown hairs fast in pubic area?
- Is cramping in the vaginal area a sign of pregnancy?
- Causes of swelling in pubic area
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when i have pain in the lower part of my pubic area?
- How to get rid of razor bumps in the penis area?
- How do i get rid of dark skin in between my thigh?
- Causes of dull pain in right kidney area
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free