Doctor insights on:
Dangers Of Thyroxine
Dangerous: Do not stop thyroid replacement unless advised by a doctor, it can be life threatening. Please get to doctor for thyroid levels to be checked urgently! ...Read more
What medications can be prescribed for underactive thyroid? I have been warned against synthroid? Why, what is the danger?
Whomever : Whomever is warning you is not likely a reliable source of medical information. You best therapy for underactive thyroid is levothyroxine ideally a branded preparation like levoxyl, synthroid or tirosint. These can be adjusted to provide levels just like a normal person without a thyroid problem. See the links below to learn more. ...Read more
Is it dangerous to go under aenesthesic for a surgery while on synthroid? I read the drug combination may cause arrythmia.
I had a mild heart attack 3 yrs ago. Now I am having thyroid issues slow hr. Given levothyroxine na synthroid....Is this drug dangerous for me. .025mg?
I am 32 weeks pregnant currently on a dose 175mcg synthroid. I may have accidentally taken 2 doses this morning could this be dangerous for me or baby?
Thyroid: Probably not but please miss one day of your 175. Enjoy baby -everything should be OK. ...Read more
Yes: Just as you would think.Get a more detailed answer ›
Thyroxine: If you take 88 mcg every other day, then your daily dose is 44 mcg/day. The pill doesn't come in 44 mcg so if we ever need this, we typically just go with the 50 mcg pill daioy instead. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some dangers of inhaling ammonia fumes?
- Dangers of masterbation
- What are some dangers of clorox bleach fumes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Dangers of djarum black clove cigarettes
- What are the dangers of nasal irrigation with hydrogen peroxide?
- Dangers of gasoline fumes
- What are the dangers of eating too many sunflower seeds?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free