Doctor insights on:
Dangers Of Nicotine Gum
Better than smoking: Nicotine gum does not increase your risk for cancer. But nicotine can increase your blood pressure. If you look at the big picture, it would be healthier choice to stay on nicotine gum instead of smoking though. Remember your support. Check out phone help at 1-800-quitnow, texting support, and more at www.Smokefree.Gov congrats on making great changes! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No pretty gum: Trace amounts of nicotine can be detected in blood and urine for several hours, but it should be gone by 48 hours. However, if you are being tested for nicotine, there is a metabolite of nicotine, called cotinine, which can be detected in blood or urine for as long as 7 to 10 days after your last exposure to nicotine. ...Read more
Much less than: smoking tobacco. Nicotine is thought to be the culprit behind cardiovascular disease in smokers, so taking in nicotine by any route, whether nicotine in combusted tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco or nicotine gum, patches, lozenges etc., over a long period of time, could have some risks. However, it is almost certainly less harmful than continuing to smoke cigarettes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the dangers of smoking while wearing a nicotine patch?
- Side effects of nicotine gum
- Long term effects of chewing nicotine gum
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of nicotine chewing gum
- Long term effects of nicotine gum
- What are the dangers of the abuse of nicotine?
- Dangers of plaquenil
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free