Doctor insights on:
Dangers Of Cartilage Piercing
Hole may close up: if it has not healed adequately.Get a more detailed answer ›
Cartilage is a specialized type of tissue found in joints and areas that two bones come together. It is made up of specialized cells that live in the midst of proteins and sugars that absorb and release water similar to a sponge. Healthy cartilage helps decrease friction in joints, absorbs shock and protects the ends of the bone. Degradation of ...Read more
Yes, yes,yes: High ear piercings through cartilage have ^ risk of infection & lack of healing because of minimal blood supply to auricular cartilage. You can develop a perichondral abscess as well auricular perichondritis. If you ear is hot, red, swollen or has increasing pain you need medical evaluation. Nasal Septal Piercing can cause heavy bleeding w formation of a septal hematoma. Significant deformity > ...Read more
The question is-: Is this an allergic metal contact dermatitis?If you are allergic to nickel in the stud, it will probably need to be replaced. Ear piercings through cartilage have ^ risk of infection ; lack of healing because of minimal blood supply to auricular cartilage. You can develop a perichondral abscess as well auricular perichondritis. If you ear is hot, red, swollen or has ^'ing pain you need med eval. ...Read more
I have a bump that is quite painful coming from my cartilage piercing (got it in the beginning of March) what do I do?
See ENT: Could be infected. See ENT docGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dangers of plaquenil
- What are some dangers of inhaling ammonia fumes?
- Which foods help with repairs of knee cartilage
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the purpose of the cartilage rings of trachea and bronchi?
- What are some dangers of clorox bleach fumes?
- Causes and dangers of multiform pvcs
- Bump on the inside of my nose piercing
- Talk to a dermatologist online