Doctor insights on:
Dangers Of Cartilage Piercing
Cartilage is a specialized type of tissue found in joints and areas that two bones come together. It is made up of specialized cells that live in the midst of proteins and sugars that absorb and release water similar to a sponge. Healthy cartilage helps decrease friction in joints, absorbs shock and protects the ends of the bone. Degradation of ...Read more
Hole may close up: if it has not healed adequately.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes, yes,yes: High ear piercings through cartilage have ^ risk of infection & lack of healing because of minimal blood supply to auricular cartilage. You can develop a perichondral abscess as well auricular perichondritis. If you ear is hot, red, swollen or has increasing pain you need medical evaluation. Nasal Septal Piercing can cause heavy bleeding w formation of a septal hematoma. Significant deformity > ...Read more
I have gotten my cartilage pierced in the beginning of january. Is it safe to use antibacterial handsoap (i.E. Softsoap) to clean the piercing?
Yes: Any soap is fine. Antibacterial soaps are no better than regular soaps. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cartilage piercing keloid treatment
- Nose cartilage piercing
- Keloid complications cartilage piercing
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cartilage piercing healing stages
- Ear cartilage piercing infection symptoms
- What are the dangers of a nose stud piercing?
- How to treat infected cartilage piercing on the earlobe?
- Talk to a dermatologist online