Doctor insights on:
Dangerous Blood Sugar Levels
In the long term: Hi. If you run sugars in that range in the long term, then of course it's dangerous...to your eyes, kidneys, nerves, blood vessels, infection risk, amputation risk, etc. Fortunately, in the short term, it's not the least bit dangerous. If you have insulin, it's very easy to treat. If you don't, you should get some! Good luck! ...Read more
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Several things!: If blood sugar is extremely high, you can suck water from the brain, with what is called hyperosmolar coma. Chronically high blood sugars will cause you to become dehydrated. And chronically high HGB a1cs indicate poor control and correlate best with diabetic complications! ...Read more
fatigue, shooting pains (head), blurred vison, dizziness, chest pain , nausea, and dangerous blood sugar level(47). I exercise, and my diets very lite
High sugar is bad: Anytime you have high BS say 150 or greater there is damage being done to almost every cell in your body. When the level goes over 200 you see it in the urine. Over 200 things get quite worse with strokes, heart attack, kidney failure and nerve damage ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Very!: Depending on what else is going on, you are at immediate and serious risk. Please go to the nearest hospital emergency room for treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is dangerous blood sugar level?
- What is a dangerous blood sugar level?
- Is a high blood sugar level dangerous?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a dangerously high blood sugar level?
- How to keep blood sugar from dropping to dangerous levels in a diabetic?
- Is low blood sugar dangerous?
- What is a dangerous sugar level for diabetes?
- Dangerous blood sugar level