Doctor insights on:
Dangerous Blood Oxygen Levels
What is normal levels of oxygen in the blood? What is considered low and what is considered dangerous? Is levels in the 80s ok?
Oxygen level....: The oxygen saturation, or pulse oximetry, should be in the 90's normally. Any value of less than 88% on room air qualifies a patient for supplemental oxygen therapy. So, an oxygen saturation in the 80s is not normal. Your doctor will need to find out why your oxygen level is low and provide treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Low blood oxygen levels, at what number would be low enough to cause a person to fall to the floor and have a blackout?
Depends: Its the rate of fall thats more important than the actual number. When the partial pressure of oxygen falls below 55 or 88% hemoglobin saturation the delivery of oxygen to our organs begins to decrease. If your organs, like the heart , is already damaged this drop can be very dangerous. If the organs are healthy they can tolerate this drop in oxygen levels for several minutes, sometimes even longe. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
96% or higher: Normal is 96% or above on room air ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dangerously low blood oxygen level
- Blood oxygen saturation levels chart
- Blood oxygen levels chart
- Dangerous blood sugar levels chart
- Blood oxygen saturation level 84 end stage lung
- What is a dangerous oxygen level?
- Low blood oxygen level after surgery
- What happens when blood oxygen levels are too low?
- Dangerous blood oxygen level