Doctor insights on:
Definitely!: Any movement is better than no movement and depending on what type of dancing, the exercise from it may be anything from mild to extremely exertive exercise. It's also a great way to have fun while exercising and keeping healthy and can be a fun thing for couples to do to get them both up & moving at any age! ...Read more
Yes twice: Most of the dancers are healthy they seem to me very flexible and usually are fit their cardiovascular levels are normally good but most of them sustain degenerative injuries typically involving the hips and knees from all the pounding. ...Read more
For the past week when I have been doing random things I have seen "stars" dancing across my vision. Once in shower , or sitting watching tv, etc. Why?
Association vs Cause: We know that there is a strong association with anorexia and certain sports, ballet is the prime one. George Balanchine liked his ballerinas to be very thin. But association is different than cause. It's important for ballet dancers to be aware of the risks of anorexia, in particular the one in five mortality of the disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does clog dancing burn a lot of calories?
- Is salsa dancing bad for your back?
- Can belly dancing flatten your stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i heal my achilles tendonitis while still dancing?
- Will belly dancing add hip and thin waist
- How high does your heart rate get when dancing?
- Is it possible to get a hernia from dancing the wrong way?
- Does belly dancing make your hips bigger?