Doctor insights on:
Damages White Blood Cells
My white blood cells count have been highi,always around 12 for more than 10 years.And i dont know why.
Not everyone falls: within the normal range.Look up "standard deviation" for a more detailed understanding of how medicine comes up with "normal range".If you have no chronic inflammatory disease,like non healing wound or advanced chronic bronchitis,etc,U are ok and this is normal for you.Is your sed rate and S-CRP normal? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fight infections: White blood cells are the cells in our body that fight infections. There are five types of white blood cells: lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils. Each plays a specific role in the defense mechanisms of the human body. ...Read more
A bit high: White blood cells roll along the sides of the blood vessels and release into the bloodstream if inflammatory signals occur (infection, injury, autoimmune disease, etc). It is usually transient and returns to normal as the inflammatory environment becomes quenched. The count usually must be higher and persist for longer (and is associated with telltale symptoms) before considering cancer or other ...Read more
What dose it mean when you have white blood cells in your unrine and how do you get it? Also what are the symptoms and how do you stop them?
Urinary tract infect: It means an infection. You see a doctor he decides to treat the infection and give antibiotics and ask that you drink lots of fluid. If complicated like pyelonephritis or recurrent the treatment may be different and radiologic evaluation may be indicated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does red and white blood cells in urine mean?
- White blood cells present in urine but no bacteria
- What does a high red and white blood cell count mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low white blood cell count high monocytes
- High white blood cell count low platelets
- Why do i need to see a hematologist with a low white blood cell count?
- High white blood cell count no fever
- Talk to a hematologist online for free