Doctor insights on:
Cysts On The Spine
NO: This generally appears in the arm pits or groin area. ...Read more
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Fluid sac : This is a fluid filled sac that arises from degeneration of the facet joints. When present they usually occur in the lumbar spine, mainly l4-5 & l5-s1. Symptoms result from formation of spinal stenosis with resulting irritation of the affected nerve root. Since cysts are a result of degenerative changes, they usually are not present until after the age of 40. ...Read more
Varies: It varies. A cyst is a fluid filled cavity, usually surrounded by a lining. In the cervical spine, cysts can develop from the bony facet joints, the tissues that line the spinal cord, and the spinal cord itself. They each look different depending on the source. Thank you for the question. ...Read more
Iv had a fatty cyst on my spine for three years. I caught it and punctured it. Lots of blood and puss. I now have an indentation. Will it be ok?
Cyst: I would suggest that you get this evaluated by your local physician just to make sure it does not get infected. The indentation is the residual from the cyst but if not properly excised (as opposed to drained which you did when you punctured it) it will likely come back. Hope that helps. ...Read more
There no f 2 bone : Test i know off, may be you mean c2 , t2 or l2. Let me know. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a ovarian cysts cause pain on my right side when the cysts is on the left?
- Is it normal to get a hard cyst on the labia that eventually bursts?
- Which disease causes white spots on the brain and spine
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a cyst on the liver mean?
- What does a cyst on the brain mean?
- Cyst on the back of the head
- Breakthrough bleeding on the pill ovarian cysts
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free