Doctor insights on:
Cystitis Without Infection
No cystitis is : The same as uti. Just different names. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Painful and constantly reoccurring utis (water infections/cystitis) just wont go away! what can I do?
Could be the same...: "bladder infection" means the patient has micro-organisms (usually bacteria) growing in the urine/bladder. This is usually treated with antibiotics. "cystitis" is inflammation of the bladder. Inflammation can be caused by an infection but can also be caused by other things (such as bladder/kidney stones or other non-infectious causes of inflammation). Hope that this helps. ...Read more
I am not sure if I have cystitis again or a yeast infection but feel uncomfortable down there and has happened the last 3 times I've been on.
More info needed: You don't say what "uncomfortable down there" means. If you have bladder discomfort and maybe urinary urgency, frequency, etc. These are typical UTI symptoms, not yeast. The main symptoms of vaginal yeast are itching/irritation and sometimes vaginal discharge. If sexually active, STDs (gonorrhea, chlamydia) can also cause some or all these symptoms. See your doctor or maybe an NHS GUM clinic. ...Read more
Indirectly: An important aspect of ic is that inner lining of bladder may be damaged, thus bacteria gaining access to bladder can more easily attach or penetrate bladder lining.These bacteria can only be eliminated by antibiotics.Normal bladders have an intrinsic defense mechanism consisting of a protective coating to bladder lining which makes it more difficult for bacteria to attach or penetrate. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does an adult ear infection last without antibiotics?
- Can you have a urinary tract infection without burning?
- Can you have a sinus infection without nasal congestion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have a chest infection without a cough?
- Can you have sinus infection without runny nose?
- Can you have an inner ear infection without pain?
- Can you have kidney infection without fever?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free