Doctor insights on:
Cystic Fibrosis And Thairapy Vest
Please help! what is the cystic fibrosis vest called and what are the med names that are used with said vest?
As a carrier: Genetic carrier testing: more than 10 million americans are symptomless carriers of the defective CF gene. This blood test can help detect carriers, who could pass CF onto their children. To have cystic fibrosis, a child must inherit one copy of the defective CF gene from each parent. ...Read more
Get tested: Testing for cystic fibrosis starts with a sweat test. If that is abnormal, genetic testing in the blood is used to confirm the diagnosis by finding the specific genetic mutations. In general, people with CF have recurrent pulmonary infections and abdominal discomfort/diarrhea due to fat malabsorption. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cystic fibrosis is a risk factor for:: Aspergillosis, Brain abscess, Bronchiectasis, Collapsed lung, Hypertriglyceridemia, Pulmonary Aspergillosis, Sinusitis, Mucocele, Sputum, Phlegm, Rectal prolapse, Acute sinusitis, Vitamin A deficiency, Vitamin K deficiency, Vitamin E deficiency, Vitamin D deficiency. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Vibrating vest for cystic fibrosis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Is cough a symptom of cystic fibrosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is jaundice a symptom of cystic fibrosis?
- Prenatal test for cystic fibrosis
- Cystic fibrosis in pregnant women
- Cystic fibrosis testing in pregnancy
- Talk to a pediatrician online