Doctor insights on:
Cut On Finger And Pain When Pressure Is Applied
Many things: If a laceration crosses a joint, it can be very hard to heal and may bleed. Alternatively, if you have a clotting problem (either genetic, or due to medications such as nsaids) you may have some trouble clotting. Most small lacerations will heal with gentle pressure and time -- if you are still bleeding you should go to the er. ...Read more
Cuts bleeding: It depends on the length and depth of the laceration. First aid includes ice, elevation and compression for a minimum if 7-10" so that your body has the chance to clot whatever is bleeding. Do not check and recheck during those minutes as it stops the pressure. If it bleeds despite the above measures, then you should seek medical care. Also go if numbness, deep cut or later red, weeping wound. ...Read more
Until bleeding stops: If the bleeding stops no need for stitches if superficial cut. ...Read more
Cut on finger yesterday morning from can lid in trash, just got tetanus booster after 10 plus yrs. Will i be ok? Did i get it in time?
Son got bad cut on finger on Friday and probably should have gotten stitches but we didn't realize. Is there any point in stitching it now?
Old Cut: We prefer not to stitch old wounds because of swelling and the possibility of infection is high, but he still needs to seek help, perhaps in urgent care. Also, the hand is a complex and vital appendage with a lot of tendons and nerves that sometimes get damaged, so the practitioner who sees him in some cases could refer him to a hand specialist. ...Read more
Cut on finger not all healed, it touched a public bathroom floor when i went to pick something up, washed immediately, can i catch something this way?
Washed : immediately you should be fine. Just keep clean and watch for any changes. ...Read more
Hus. Got cut on finger, then had radiator fluid go on it & just 45 minutes ago he felt something crawl-scurry from his finger. Now is ulcerated.What is it?
.5 cut on finger w/hedge trimmer. It stopped bleeding within 10min and a couple hrs later i bent my finger a little & bled some.Do i need stitches/dr?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Stomach pain when pressure is applied
- Foot feels sore and tight when pressure is put on it
- What is the pressure on my cervix when not pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a wart on my finger and is swollen and hurts
- Can a ovarian cysts cause pain on my right side when the cysts is on the left?
- I have abdomen pain when i put pressure on my stomach thoughts
- Why is discharge so thick and white and stinky when on birth control?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free