Doctor insights on:
Cushings Syndrome Caused By Steroid Use
There are several different types of steroids. Anabolic steroids are often used to gain muscle mass and are the "steroids" that are baned in professional sports/olympics, etc. These can be dangerous if taken innapropriately. Corticosteroids are used commonly to treat inflammation and are found in many different medications, and can be used in joint injections, etc.Hope ...Read more
Confused about dexamethasone suppression test. how can taking a steroid LOWER cortisol levels? having this to check for cushing's.
Hyper-eosinophilic syndrome; cause unknown. Probably immune related. Alternatives to indefinite steroid treatment?
Can having nephrotic syndrome aged 2-9 years old & relapse 12-14 or steroids, cause demyelination in the brain? If so, how?
Yes: There are changes that appear in the face (and throughout the body) as a result of cushing's syndrome. Typically they are described as "moon facies" meaning the face takes a rounded appearance. Discuss your symptoms with your doctor treating your cushing's. Best wishes. ...Read more
Does cushing's syndrome and the moon face disappear after you stop taking the medication that caused it?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you reverse brain damage caused by cocaine use in teenagers?
- Is it possible to get irregular periods caused by irritable bowel syndrome?
- Does history of iv drug use cause fetal alcohol syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Sperm damaged by alcohol use can cause a miscarriage
- Can steroids help reduce swelling caused by encephalitis?
- Syndromes caused by nondisjunction
- Is asperger syndrome caused by a bad chromosome?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free