Doctor insights on:
Cures For Strep
Streph Throat: Please see your physician for a streph throat test - if positive you will be treated with antibiotics. Rest, hydrate well with water & stay far, far away from cigarette smoke. You can keep mucosa moist with a humidifier. Add honey & a small amt. Of lemon juice to chamomile tea. Slippery elm bark lozenges are another option. Saltwater gargles: mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle severa >>. ...Read more
Antibiotics + tips: For significant sore throat with swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see physician & get a streph throat test. If you have streph throat, antibiotic therapy is imperative to prevent future compications. Consider tylenol (acetaminophen) or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. Saltwater gargles: mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle several times a day. Or gargle with aloe vera juice twice a day. ...Read more
No: A strep throat will usually resolve in about 7 days even without antibiotic treatment but you then run the risk of developing the serious post -streptococcal sequella of glomerulonephritis or rheumatic fever. To prevent this risk you must take a full 10 days of a penicillin antibiotic. No home remedies will prevent this risk. Lozenges, cepacol throat spray and tylenol (acetaminophen) are symptomatic treatments. ...Read more
To cure a strep throat do you have to throw up to get rid of it or can you just blow it all out your nose?
Bad Idea: You can treat symptoms with warm salt water gargles or gargling with aloe vera juice but you need antibiotics to prevent severe complications. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to cure strep throat at home?
- Can strep be cured without antibiotics?
- Can group b strep be cured?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can strep throat be cured without antibiotics?
- Does apple cider vinegar cure strep throat?
- Can a strep throat be cured without seeing a doctor?
- Can you cure strep throat without antibiotics?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free