Doctor insights on:
Cure For Pityriasis Rosea
Pityriasis Rosea is a skin rash that commonly occurs in young adults. It usually lasts 4 to 8 weeks. The rash is often pink, oval-shaped, itchy, and may appear in a Christmas tree-like pattern. The rash begins as one single patch before it begins to appear on the arms, ...Read more
Be patient: Over the years I have seen people thy lots of things that really don't influence the process at all. Since it is an auto-immune process that will burn itself out over a 4-8 wk period in most cases i now encourage patients to ignore it. The treatment should never be more trouble than the disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What does pityriasis rosea look like? What kind of characteristics are specific to something like pityriasis rosea?
P rosea: The first sign is a single patch on the skin called a "herald" or "mother" patch. It feels scaly. People who have fair to olive-colored skin will see a pink or rose-colored patch. In people who have dark skin, the color varies from violet to dark gray. Within a week or two, more patches will appear that are smaller. The patches may form a 'christmas tree' pattern on the back. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Home remedies for pityriasis rosea
- Alternative treatments for pityriasis rosea
- How to cure pityriasis rosea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pityriasis rosea for a year
- Herbal treatment for pityriasis rosea
- Treatments for pityriasis rosea
- Tests for pityriasis rosea
- Talk to a dermatologist online