Doctor insights on:
Ct Heart Scan
Computed tomography is also known as CT scan. Ct uses xrays taken an 360 degrees combined with a computer to see"inside" the body. The table moves as the xray tube and detectors spin around the patient 10 times a second or more! the image shows excellent soft tissue detail, enhanced with injection of intravenous contrast or oral contrast. This way the body is shown in slices, in any plane, usually axially, but ...Read more
Yes: There are many small towns that have this technology available. ...Read more
Yes: See radiologyinfo.Org.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is my high fat primal diet a good idea? I am off my statins, ratios and tris have improved. Tc still high, but CT heart scan shows calcium score 0.
Probably: The devil is in the details. Both the details of your numbers and the details of your food choice. For example, if you are eating red meat, it is best to have grass-fed beef. So tough to answer in 400 words. That said, i would be very pleased with a calcium score of 0. Even with bad lipids a 0 score suggests very low risk for cardiac events. ...Read more
A CT heart scan with a calcium score is a test that can accurately identify early disease in the average person. Better than a stressful treadmill?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ct scan of the heart to diagnos white spots after nucluer stress test
- What does a ct scan of the heart show?
- Ct scan of heart coronary arteries
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can ct scan miss stones?
- How long does iodine stay in body when had with ct scan?
- What does a ct scan of the abdomen and pelvis show?
- Ct scan
- Talk to a cardiologist online