Doctor insights on:
Maybe: It will help to keep your mouth and throat clean and potentially help with the pain. It also may help to draw some of the fluid from the vesicles. There is no proven benefit in any clinical trials, but it is unlikely to be harmful. Children less than 8 are likely to be unable to gargle. The combination is 1/2 tsp salt per 8 ounces of water. All the best. ...Read more
Coxsackie virus: You cannot treat infection with this enterovirus, and how long it takes to clear up depends upon the strain of virus, your immune status, the type of infection you experienced and other factors. You seem to not be communicating with the doctor who is evaluating you. Talk with them. Good luck and hope you are better soon. ...Read more
What do the different subclasses or groups of the coxsackie virus mean? I was positive for 2, 3, and 6.
Family names: The classification of viruses relies on a variety of shared vs different features which could relate to where they attack or how they differ in their structure. The coxsackie viruses were originally named for the place where they were found (coxsackie, new york) , but they are also enteroviruses (intestine attackers). Sub classes a ; b with subtypes are bases on their cell wall structure. ...Read more
Transmissability: The maximum risk of contagion lasts one week after the beginning of symptoms. The recovered person may remain mildly contagious for a couple of weeks after recovery. Pregnant women should be especially careful as they can pass down the infection to the fetus and coxsackie infection has been known to cause birth defects. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is coxsackie virus contagious to adults?
- Can coxsackie virus infection be caught more than once?
- What does coxsackie virus look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatment for coxsackie blisters
- Coxsackie virus symptoms adults
- Coxsackie virus incubation period
- Is coxsackie virus considered an autoimmune disease?
- Can the coxsackie virus spread to your genitals?