Doctor insights on:
Could Rheumatoid Arthritis Cause Pleurisy
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
Autoimmune: Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis occurs when the immune system gets confused and starts attacking the joints instead of fighting intruders like bacteria and viruses. Genetic factors play a role in risk for developing autoimmune diseases. Exposure to certain viruses may play a role as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Arthritis cause pleurisy
- What are the causes of rheumatoid arthritis?
- Causes of an outbreak of rheumatoid arthritis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Eye problems caused by rheumatoid arthritis
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis caused by nexium
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis caused by trauma
- Can pregnancy cause rheumatoid arthritis?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free